CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday 29 February 2008

Be Kind, Rewind! (And other movies)



I just thought I'd add a post about the Movie "Be Kind, Rewind" because me and Andrea went to see it the other day and I thought it was fantastic! It was SO laugh out loud funny for ages from the beginning. It did end a little abruptly but it almost made up for that by being so funny. I'd recommend it to anyone! The film is basically about two guys who accidentally erase all the videos in a video store one of them works in, and attempt to remake all the movies to save the store and the building it's in from being demolished. I'm not a huge fan of Jack Black, and can find him a little annoying but in this movie he was just hilarious! A must see :D


A couple of other movies I watched recently were Evan Almighty and The Last Mimzy.


Evan Almighty was good, but not as good as its predecessor Bruce Almighty. That's most likely because Jim Carrey wasn't in it! It's quite funny, end especially good for children. It's not believable but then it is a movie about a man building a HUGE ark almost entirely by himself with a little help from his three sons. The special effects were quite good too.




The Last Mimzy was wayyy more farfetched but it's a kids' fantasy movie so it was right up my street. It's about a genetically engineered toy rabbit, basically, lol. And also a set of 'toys' from the future. I can't really explain it well so you will have to watch it but again, it's fantastic for children, especially the younger age groups, and has the most adorable little girl playing one of the main characters.

:)
xoxoxx

2 comments:

Drea said...

Ive never heard of the 1st one.. but I did see the 2nd two. I liked The Last Mimzy (sp?) better than Evan Almighty. I didnt like how the flood (dam break) was so quick haha. I wanted them to suffer a bit longer HAHAHA.

The Last Mimzy was cute tho.. far fetched but I love that :-)

I'll have to check out that 1st one.

I just saw "The Ultimate Gift" its a new release. SO GOOD!!! it will make you cry tho. Very good movie tho.

Stace said...

Heyy, thank you for officially being the first person to comment on my blog! Hehe. I'm not sure how to get it read??

I agree, the Last Mimzy is way better than evan almighty and yeah they could have suffered for a bit longer!! hahaha

Thanks for the movie recommendation, I can't wait to see that now! The last tearjerker I saw was P.S I Love You and omgoodness I couldn't stop crying!
Take care :)